Tuesday, May 1, 2007

No swine in this Cafe

Recently I visited a local animal health store. looking about for the product I was there for my eyes were taken by several products for worming your pet. Worms, It's not at all uncommon for livestock producers to worm their cattle and etc, or atleast it wasn't when I grew up. I remember too that we children were wormed. Hey, kids are always touching things and putting their fingers in their mouth. A perfect way to intake worm %#@*^. Now people don't know perhaps that the purpose of hogs [swine] like buzzards and vultures is to clean up rotten flesh of things that died. The pig is a scavenger. The swine can have a host of worms. To name a few there's the Flukes- the common liver fluke, the lung fluke. And there's the Tapeworms - the pork bladder worm, the thin-necked bladder worm, the hydatid, Roundworms--- have not I said enough?
There be government publications in the 1970's and 1980's on this matter of swine internal parasites if yet available. It's such a shame that info is disgarded due to age or conflict with political/economic agenda. I love old books, I trust not today's rewriting of history/political correct accounts. Do the research.
I believe all children/adults should be cleansed if possible of worms. This I must do. As for me and my house no more pork. The menu of this Cafe is porkless. ~ Titus

No comments: